As we come to the end of the first term in Module 1, I have spent some time tweaking my assignment and really trying to pin point my areas of learning within my practice. I assumed I would be struggling to have enough content, but it seems the opposite and I have been scouring through word by word trying to erase 500 words in order to adhere to the word count guidelines. Once I started utilising sources I found it opened a whole new chapter of thoughts within my mind and before I knew it I was once again unravelling new ideas and contemplating other points of views to my initial beliefs.
It has not been an easy process, I have felt out of touch within Academia and have questioned if I am conforming to the technicalities of a 'correct essay structure', however Sam reminded me it is a reflective essay and therefore I am able to express my opinion, as it is based on my own experiences. This definitely helped to shape my essay and led me in the direction of which my thoughts wanted to take me.
I am absolutely ready to switch my brain off for a few weeks for the Christmas break and enjoy a mulled wine or two, but I am equally as ready to jump back in to the next module and see where that takes me and what I am yet to discover and learn!
Comments
Post a Comment